Tuesday, December 4, 2012

READ-A-THON! X-It by Jane George

Hey guys!
Remember when I said I'd be back at full steam come December?
Here I am!
I'm starting this month with an event called Book Club Bash, hosted by the amazing people at Novel Publicity!



This is what the event is about:


We love books! And finding other people who like to talk about them too is always a thrill. Be it online, in person or some other kind of book club, we think the chance to sit down and dig your teeth into a good book with a group of people is one of the best parts of reading.  
From December 10th – 14th we are asking you to help spread the word about why Book Clubs are an important part of the reading experience. 
We have put together five fantastic books, perfect for bookclubs to spotlight during this event. Each book has a discussion guide and author Q&A available and is a well received, solid literary fiction read. 

My schedule for the bash is as follow:


Dec 10: A post on the awesomeness of book blog!

Dec 14: A review of X-It by Jane George.
And from Dec 5 to Dec 14 would be the READ-A-THON of X-It! I'll be posting every day about what I have read (I'll take it slow, about 3 chapters a day) and I would love it if you guys could join me - that's what book clubs is about, after all!

First, here's a few things about X-It:



Genre: Young Adult
Pages: 210
Publication Date: Mar 26, 2012
Website: Jane George | X-It on Goodreads

Synopsis:


LOVE IS A DRUG.


In 1980 NYC, eighteen-year-old J.J. Buckingham is an uptight trendoid. Working as a mannequin painter and a counter girl, she moonlights as a creature of the nightclubs. J.J. falls for aloof, crazy-talented artist and bicycle messenger X-It. In order to win his love, she succumbs to the dark machinations of drug dealer Marko Voodoo. X-It will love her if she’s the queen of underground Manhattan, right? Her plan backfires with horrendous consequences. Can J.J. find her way out of a maze of drugs, clubs, and danger?

I was most interested in X-It of all the books offered - I just can't resist a Young Adult set in 1980's New York, and I hope it lives up to my expectations!

Get X-It and follow the Read-A-Thon! Amazon | Amazon Kindle | Book Depository | Barnes and Noble Nook

What do you think about X-It? And don't forget to check back here for the Read-A-Thon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Although sometimes I can't reply to all of them, but I do read (and appreciate) each and every one :)